Saturday, June 17, 2023

Arcadia teenager with disability receives car


GALESVILLE, Wisconsin. Getting around will now be easier for Caden Dahl. The 16-year-old today came to Champions Riverside Resort in Galesville, thinking he was getting a bike but instead was surprised with a 2017 Dodge Journey.

"I've been kind of bugging my mom about it. And just the thoughtfulness of them getting it for me makes me speechless," Dahl says.

The teenager was born without a right arm and only a short-left arm with two fingers. The car was donated by The Gilbert Brown Foundation, a nonprofit that helps children's charities statewide.

"He's a special kid. He's, my rock. I mean the things that we take for granted that he has to deal with, it blows my mind seeing a kid like that with a disability that he has, and he takes it with stride and gets along with his day," Brown tells News 8 Now. 

Even before donating the car, The Gilbert Brown Foundation has helped Dahl. 

"They've kind of always had my back and my family's back," Dahl explains. I've had like ten surgeries so helping me through all those, giving me gifts like these, just always being there. Gilberts like a big brother. He's always there."

Dahl's family couldn't be happier.

"Driving has been difficult so far so this is a big step in the right direction for sure," his father Rob says. 

Dahl plans to use the car in his daily life and hopes to eventually take it on a road trip.

Story Source: WKBT News8000 or CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to News U Can Trust

President Joe Biden Drops Out Of The Election This Year But Will Finish His Remaining Term As President

  President Joe Biden is dropping out of the 2024 presidential election but will remain in office to complete his first term. The 81-year-ol...