Friday, January 19, 2024

Outstanding Educator: Julie Beyer, Retiring After 17 Years At Sparta High School

SPARTA, Wis. A long-time business educator is announcing her retirement after 17 years. first News at Nine’s Dashal Mentzel has more on what Sparta High School has meant to Julie Beyer in the first edition of our Outstanding Educator series.

Julie Beyer grew up in Southern Illinois, and after beginning her career in management, she moved to the Coulee Region when her husband got a job there as a District Manager for Walmart. That is when she began to get the urge to start teaching. Beyer explains, “I lived in West Salem and I was a sub there for six and a half years. They were the ones that encouraged me to get my sub license. And it just happened when I went through the Viterbo program for that one-year post-back program for people that already have a college degree. So, it just happened that Sparta had an opening when I was done.”

Beyer has been teaching at Sparta High School for 17 years. Along with business classes, she is also the FBLA advisor, team leader for CTE and she mentors new teachers. Beyer says the one thing she enjoys most about teaching is the students. “They are so fun. They’re so creative. Every day is different. Particularly when you can make that great connection and really make a difference with some of the students here.”

Beyer will be retiring at the end of the spring semester, ending a routine that she has known for nearly two decades. She says, “I am a little concerned about not spending my days with students. I’m also going to miss my colleagues, of course. And because this is a great district, all of our colleagues all the way up have prepared our students. So, I’m very proud of our district.”

Beyer plans to move back to Southern Illinois to spend more time with her family, but she will never forget the students and staff that she has been with for 17 years at Sparta High School. She says, “I can’t probably go 5 to 10 feet in Walmart without running into either current or former students. But I love it when I’m out and see someone I haven’t seen for ten years and get to meet their kids and things like that. So, I’ve just really enjoyed Sparta. I’m very proud of Sparta and I’m very proud to be a Spartan.”

Story Source or to watch the full video please CLICK HERE


Thank you. Make sure if you know this person to either contact them or if you see them happen to be walking about in the community, to thank her for her awesome work she has done at Sparta High School Sparta, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to News U Can Trust

President Joe Biden Drops Out Of The Election This Year But Will Finish His Remaining Term As President

  President Joe Biden is dropping out of the 2024 presidential election but will remain in office to complete his first term. The 81-year-ol...